PARIS – The United Arab Emirates and France today signed a number of agreements and memorandums of understanding aimed at strengthening bilateral relations in various vital areas amid the current visit of President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyane in France.
The agreements and memorandums of understanding signed and exchanged by the two parties included the following:
1- A letter of intent relating to the granting of authorization to family members of staff of diplomatic missions and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation to engage in commercial activity. They were signed by His Highness Sheikh Abdallah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, and the French Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Catherine Colonna.
2- A joint declaration on cooperation between the United Arab Emirates and France in the field of higher education, signed by His Highness Sheikh Abdallah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, and the Minister French for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Catherine Colonna.
3. A Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technologies and the Avnor Group for cooperation in the field of standardization.
4. A Memorandum of Understanding between the Office of the UAE Special Envoy for Climate Change and the French Government in the field of climate action, signed by Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Special Envoy for the climate change, and Agnès Pannier-Runacher, French Minister for Energy Transition.
5. A roadmap for cooperation between the Tawazun Economic Council of the United Arab Emirates and the Direction Générale de l’Armement of the French Ministry of Defense, signed by Ahmed Al Harmoudi, CEO of the Council, and weapons engineer Thierry Carlier, Director of International Development at the Directorate General for Armaments.
6. A Memorandum of Understanding between the Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Center (MBRSC) and the National Center for Space Studies (CNES) on cooperation in lunar exploration. It was signed by Salem Humaid Al Marri, Director General of MBRSC, and Philippe Baptiste, President of CNES.
7. A letter of intent on earth observation between MBRSC and CNES.
8. Letter of intent regarding manned spaceflight activities between MBRSC and CNES.
9. A memorandum of understanding for cooperation between the Institut Pasteur and the Abu Dhabi Public Health Center (ADPHC) was signed by Matar Saeed Al Nuaimi, Director General of ADPHC, and Professor Stewart Cole, President from the Pasteur Institute.
10. The NT Energies founding contract between Technip and the National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC). It was signed by Ahmed Al Dhaheri, CEO of NPCC, and Arnaud Pieton, CEO of Technip.